Situation hopefully resolved!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Heather3374

Re: SCAMMER ALERT! Ellies Reborn Nursery 1

Post by Heather3374 »

I am so sorry Amy this happened to you again this is just ridiculou it's just sad how people are coming on here and taking advantage.

Hugs
Heather :heart:
Last edited by Heather3374 on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doll-Lee

Post by Doll-Lee »

I hope you get your money back Amy. Did she have any feedback on here? Personally I only deal with people who have a good reputation and have feedback to back it up or someone to vouch for them. You should be reimbursed. I take it you didn't pay friends and family? I'd report it to Steve anyway to see if he can block her from resubscribing under a different username.
Love,
Lee
My beautiful Daisy xx

My eBay store.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DOLLee-Collect ... 7675.l2563
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

This is one of the things that has really begun to bother me and make me mad -- DF being viewed as a sales place rather than a group of people who enjoy dolls and exchange information and support. There are so called "new members" who never say hello or tell anything about themselves or their dolls. They join and immediately are either selling or buying and that's it. I simply will not deal with someone like that because I don't trust them. Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

cookielover wrote:This is one of the things that has really begun to bother me and make me mad -- DF being viewed as a sales place rather than a group of people who enjoy dolls and exchange information and support. There are so called "new members" who never say hello or tell anything about themselves or their dolls. They join and immediately are either selling or buying and that's it. I simply will not deal with someone like that because I don't trust them. Ruth
I totally agree with you !!!! I would think the right way to go about joining a new forum would be to post a thread to introduce yourself and then spend some time getting to know people and posting on the forum. Then maybe making even some small purchases like clothing or something to get some feedback. Instead so many first time posts seem to be I am selling such and such a doll for $2000, please email me for photos as I can't post pictures. Are they for real? Would never respond to such a post or even consider buying from them.
Hugs,
Nadia

Pebby

Post by Pebby »

I agree with what Ruth said also.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

opps I think I may of accidently delted this

I agree with Ruth!
Last edited by Pebby on Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

I recently had an inquiry from someone about buying a Molloy baby from me after she joined just a few days ago! She wanted me to communicate via email "I am going to give you my email and cell just incase I
don't look on DF for awhile." -- that really bothered me since that seemed to be what she was interested in -- getting the doll and my email! Maybe I am just too cautious but she never said anything about herself, her dolls or even where she lives. I did not respond. I contacted Steve who essential said he understood my feelings and was amazed himself about some of the things he is aware of. That tells me there is not much he can do on this forum even when he understands the concerns. So it is up to us. Now maybe this lady is pure as the driven snow -- but a nice "hello here is who I am" would go a long way!!! Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
avigrace96

Post by avigrace96 »

Uh oh! I used to follow her account on Instagram - but there was so much drama on there that I decided I would rather share my hobby with people on YouTube and DF, which I also felt to be much safer (since people often pretend to be someone they're not on IG.) Very sad to see someone scamming people at all but especially on this site... it should be a safe haven.
Pamma430

Post by Pamma430 »

I've never been a victim of this specific person, but after being scammed before I feel for you, I'm so sorry this happened to you!

Also, I appreciate the reminder that I shouldn't have jumped on and started selling here right away before even saying hello. I've been a member here before, but had to cancel my subscription, so I never did reintroduce myself when I just signed up, I think I just forgot it was a new account haha! I wish I hadn't let my account die out, I had some feedback on there! Off to reintroduce myself now.
NanaCarolyn

Post by NanaCarolyn »

It's very sad how things have gotten. I recently read a post on Facebook of a lady that had nothing but stress and disappointment since she got into this hobby. Sounds like she bought and sold a few dolls before she found the right one, but, after everything, she plans not to buy or sell ever again. I guess it would be hard for those trying to get into this hobby and not knowing how to safeguard against being taken advantage of. Why have things gotten so bad? I can't understand those who want to take advantage of others, don't they have a heart?
Happy Dolly Days,

Hugs,
Carolyn

Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

NadiaK wrote:
cookielover wrote:This is one of the things that has really begun to bother me and make me mad -- DF being viewed as a sales place rather than a group of people who enjoy dolls and exchange information and support. There are so called "new members" who never say hello or tell anything about themselves or their dolls. They join and immediately are either selling or buying and that's it. I simply will not deal with someone like that because I don't trust them. Ruth
I totally agree with you !!!! I would think the right way to go about joining a new forum would be to post a thread to introduce yourself and then spend some time getting to know people and posting on the forum. Then maybe making even some small purchases like clothing or something to get some feedback. Instead so many first time posts seem to be I am selling such and such a doll for $2000, please email me for photos as I can't post pictures. Are they for real? Would never respond to such a post or even consider buying from them.
I agree with Ruth & Nadia! I've been noticing a lot of the join & immediately begin buying/selling behavior recently. I refuse to deal with them. I may have lost sales, but it's too much stress for me. :toast:
marilyn

Re: Situation hopefully resolved!

Post by marilyn »

Doll fan used to be a place where I felt totally comfortable purchasing a doll; seems most were reputable and had been members for quite a while and were all so friendly and helpful. Not any more....it is really sad that even a forum where we all could enjoy our hobby has turned untrustworthy.
cyndig77

Re: Situation hopefully resolved!

Post by cyndig77 »

I do hope your doll arrives and meets your anticipation of her! I am so happy to hear that you didn't pay friends and family....I never do it or ask anyone to do it unless I've done business with them for quite some time and am sure that we are happy with our past exchanges. Once that happens, I'm doing business with friends and it's all good. This is a wonderful forum to meet like minded ladies and share our love of all things dolly....and let's face it, we need each other cuz a lot of the rest of the world doesn't understand us at all!