FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY BABY DOLL STORY!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Susan@childrenoftheheart

FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY BABY DOLL STORY!

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

I just have to share this hilarious story. We had new furniture delivered to the house last Tuesday for the lower level (game room) after a major redo. Well, the first delivery guy comes to the door with his rug to put down on the hardwood floor to protect it fro damage. He comes in. I notice he is just standing there. He goes: "That baby is not moving!" I said, "No, because she is a silicone doll." I have Brittany soft bodied Romie baby in a beautiful Silvercross pram that decorates part of the entry way. The delivery guy is still not moving.

He finally tells me that he has a very real doll phobia. I say to him that he is kidding with me -- come on -- it's a fake baby -- doesn't move, eat, wet, poo, coo, or cry. He's still standing there. I said, "Why not hold her for a second -- it could help you with your phobia when you realize nothing is going to happen?" He says, "Oh, no way. I'm going to leave and not deliver your furniture. He finally tells me that he isn't coming in one step closer until I move the baby. I asked him, "Seriously?!" He was as serious as anyone that I have ever met. I literally had to take the baby out of the pram and place her on my dining room table. As he walked by the entrance to the dining room off the foyer, he looked straight ahead and would not look at the baby into the dining room for fear of what he would see!

His partner comes in and tells me he does indeed have a phobia about dolls. We joked around with him for a while -- I even mentioned that I thought he must have one heck of a time with haunted houses. He tells me that haunted houses have never bothered him! I said, "What?! Those "dolls" actually stand still and then scare the living daylights out of you when you least expect it." He insisted that they didn't bother him. His partner and I were downstairs arranging the furniture when his partner yells up that there is a coffin down here with a baby laying in it. He refused to go downstairs until I finally convinced him that there are no dolls down there at all. He was a big guy who could easily pick up a 500 lb. box!

He also told me about the time he had to deliver furniture to a funeral home -- the director accidentally left the door open and he could see a deceased person lying in the coffin -- he literally ran out of the building to never return. He also told me that he will not deliver to an address that has a cemetery next to the building.

I missed out on an opportunity to win mega bucks on America's Funniest Home Videos! It was hilarious and I could not stop laughing.

It made my day. I never ever and will never ever understand people who are afraid of realistic looking dolls or dolls in general.

If you could have only since his facial expressions! So dang funny! :lol: :lol:
NadiaK

Re: FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY BABY DOLL STORY!

Post by NadiaK »

:rofl:
Hugs,
Nadia

Annette

Post by Annette »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hugs Annette
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

Oh that is funny. Sounds like he was totally serious though. Poor guy. You almost ruined his day Susan. Actually, you probably did. Lol.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

That would have been worth seeing!
Too bad you couldn't get a picture!
Wonder what would have happened if he came across a whole dolly nursery??
That was one thing some people would say to me if I took a reborn doll to work.
Looks too real to me, it's creepy!! Mostly people would be very receptive, but there was always one or two that were freaked out by their looks!
I explained that was why I liked them so much was because they did look real!
Those fake dolls in Haunted Houses, now that would give me nightmares!!! LOL!!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

That's too funny!
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Bless it! That is so funny!
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

I used to have my dolls all over the house. My teenagers told me they made "their friends" feel uncomfortable and could I please place them in just one room. Now we have a nursery! When I am brave enough to ask someone if they would like to see my dolls, I can't think of a single time where someone liked them. Everyone says "creepy" and walks away.
KrystalK2KBabies

Post by KrystalK2KBabies »

lol :lol:

First thing I thought was.. so that is what happened to little tyke, story from home alone (john candy talks about leaving his son in the funeral home for the day), as a grown man :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hugs, Krystal

Suebee_Lullaby Lane

Post by Suebee_Lullaby Lane »

Too funny! I collect antique dolls and have them throughout the house, but primarily in my formal living room. So many visitors have told me how creepy my dolls are. Also, lots of my kids friends, when they were in high school hated my reborn dolls they would see. They thought they were creepy because they looked too real. None of them took it to the extreme that your delivery guy did though. Maybe he needs a psychiatrist-LOL!
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

He actual probably would have had a heart attack if he would have seen the gallery downstairs as well as upstairs! I think I would have had to call the guys in the white coats!!! LOL!
sallybabyofmine

Post by sallybabyofmine »

Susan, that is sooo funny! It amazes me that grown people can actually be frightened of a sweet, realistic baby doll. If they were something out of the ordinary like a traumatized, dead looking baby, maybe, but not beautiful reborns awake or asleep! This reminds me of my experience...
Last summer I was baking doll parts in my Nu Wave oven on the front porch when my doorbell rang. I opened the door to a very tall Fed Ex man who looked as white as a ghost! He had bright red hair and the longest and whitest legs I have ever seen in those dingy white Fed Ex shorts! He stood there saying nothing for the longest time and then he finally handed me the thing you sign for a package, handed me the box and backed down the steps as he glanced at the oven with the baby parts in it and RAN to his truck! I laughed so hard all day. That poor guy was traumatized by those baby arms and legs cooking away on my porch!
Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

I would have loved to see the face of the guys that broke into our truck in Colorado 2 years ago. they cut open one of my cases and tore a bag of glow in the dark alien babies!!!. We did get a nice knife out of the deal! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
sherrybug

Post by sherrybug »

So funny... :lol: :lol:
Hugs,
Sherry

I do Silicone custom painting

~Marilyn~

Post by ~Marilyn~ »

That is a funny story! :lol: Unfortunately, many people seem to have this phobia. It used to get under my skin a lot when someone would say my dolls freaked them out. They made me feel like there was something wrong with me. But I did some internet surfing and found out that the fear is real for individuals with Pediophobia, which is an irrational fear of dolls/mannequins.
Love and hugs,
~Marilyn~
LollipopCradle_Paula

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

I feel so bad for the man but that is hilarious!
AmandaLeigh

Post by AmandaLeigh »

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

I do find this story a bit funny but I also have to say as someone with an actual phobia (not of dolls, of course), I really do also pity him. Now people can claim to have a phobia and it's just being really nervous or creeped out. But if it's a real phobia - it's truly enough to give you a panic attack.
Tho it sounds like he wasn't quite that bad. ;)
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
LollipopCradle_Paula

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

Oh Susan, this is so funny I had to come back and read it again.