Threatening me on Ebay is NOT cool

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
MikeTheEngineer

Threatening me on Ebay is NOT cool

Post by MikeTheEngineer »

"New message from: vicjac_4750
I'm a member of DF and other doll sites. I'll also have you know that your demeanor is rubbing the large majority of the doll community the absolute wrong way. I, for one, will never endorse your "creations" or speak anything but ill of them. You would do well to learn to take advice. Contacting EBay."

The threats for not obeying your commands is just not cool. Next you'll be telling me I need to "learn my place". Intentionally speaking ill of someone's product that you've never owned is downright horrible.

Is this how you guys treat all new comers? Is it because I'm a guy? Or because I wanna try something different? :( No matter how much you try to stomp on my face, I'm not going to give up. Though it saddens me greatly to be treated in such a mean spirited, disrespectful manner.
Suzanne

Re: Threatening me on Ebay is NOT cool

Post by Suzanne »

There are just a lot of haters in the doll world sad to say. I was going to comment earlier on your post earlier that you seem to have thick skin maybe since you are a guy?? However I think there are are some folks that don't like newcomers thinking they can change the landscape. Honestly I dont think your first doll is great but you are selling her for your costs and I like that you think outside the box and accept criticism well. So I am in your corner. Forgot the haters for they are the jealous ones
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

Your demeanor seems fine to me. A lot nicer than whatever hateful person wrote that messsge to u.
Ignore it --maybe it will go away :flamethrow:
MikeTheEngineer

chelle77 wrote:Your demeanor seems fine to me. A lot nicer than whatever hateful person wrote that messsge to u.
Ignore it --maybe it will go away :flamethrow:
Well, she is trying to get my ebay account banned... so it's not just hateful words. She's actively trying to harm me for not obeying her obscene and unreasonable commandments.
MikeTheEngineer

Suzanne wrote:There are just a lot of haters in the doll world sad to say. I was going to comment earlier on your post earlier that you seem to have thick skin maybe since you are a guy?? However I think there are are some folks that don't like newcomers thinking they can change the landscape. Honestly I dont think your first doll is great but you are selling her for your costs and I like that you think outside the box and accept criticism well. So I am in your corner. Forgot the haters for they are the jealous ones
I started college at 13, under the force of my will power alone. I do *not* allow myself to be bullied. I do *not* kowtow to those making absurd demands because they are "offended" by something they saw on the internet. I will *NOT* be dominated by some thug. I do *not* cave to the threats from evil.

Demanding I do something under threat of harm = evil and thuggish
Spreading lies about someone's work = Evil (She said she's going to speak ill of my work... even though she's never bought, held, or even saw one in person... therefore, the only thing should could possibly negative about would, by definition, be a lie)

I'm not trying to make a quick buck, like they portray me. As I've stated before: As long as I'm breaking even, I'll keep making them. Why? Because I enjoy it. I have zero creativity, and being able to Create something from nothing astounds me and brings me great joy. I can't draw, I can't write, I can't play music, I can't sing. To use my engineering skill in a bizarre way to end up with something beautiful brings me happiness.

P.S. Thank you for your kind words. I know it's not great. But it *is* my first attempt, I will only get better from here! ^_^
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

:) If you don't try you will never succeed.
DMKreiser

Post by DMKreiser »

ignore people like that. They are usually unhappy in their own lives so they have to make someone else miserable too
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

Welcome to doll fan.. and ebay... it is what it is unfortunately. Not what it used to be.
MikeTheEngineer

DMKreiser wrote:ignore people like that. They are usually unhappy in their own lives so they have to make someone else miserable too
Words I can ignore: Someone intentionally trying to harm me, by smearing my name and trying to get my ebay account banned... isn't something that's ignorable.
Kim

Post by Kim »

That's terrible Mike. I hope you can rise above that/those people and keep doing your thing. I know it's awful that they are trying to smear you but I think you will be okay. Most people recognize a hater when they see on.
Doll-Lee

Post by Doll-Lee »

Sorry to hear you're having problems Mike, eBay can be a nightmare and the dolly world unfortunately has its rotten apples the same as anywhere else. Do you know who she is on dollfan? Maybe she could explain what she means about the rubbing the majority up the wrong way as I must be in the minority if that's the case as I have no idea what she's going on about.
Lots of love anyway, don't let one person get you down and as for eBay I'd have a word with them and see if they can block her for harassing you.
Love,
Lee
My beautiful Daisy xx

My eBay store.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DOLLee-Collect ... 7675.l2563
MikeTheEngineer

Doll-Lee wrote:Sorry to hear you're having problems Mike, eBay can be a nightmare and the dolly world unfortunately has its rotten apples the same as anywhere else. Do you know who she is on dollfan? Maybe she could explain what she means about the rubbing the majority up the wrong way as I must be in the minority if that's the case as I have no idea what she's going on about.
Lots of love anyway, don't let one person get you down and as for eBay I'd have a word with them and see if they can block her for harassing you.
Love,
Lee
It is probably "Angelica", as she was bad mouthing me elsewhere. I think it all started when people were trashing me for trying to sell it, flaws and all. Someone bid on it... and they just kept on saying I should even be trying to sell it, I should just throw it away. So I made the joke, maybe they think I'll be famous one day, and want my first one! I was trying to take their belittling in stride... And now everyone's all offended. (When I say "everyone" I mean the extremely vocal extreme minority) ~_~ And Right after that is when I started getting threats on Ebay, and "Angelica" started bad mouthing me here... even mentioning "reporting me on ebay"

"eBay I'd have a word with them and see if they can block her for harassing you. " I spent 2 hours last night looking for a way of contacting ebay about harassment, unsuccessfully. They've apparently removed all ways to report harassment over the years.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-ov.html

Mike the above link may help, if nothing else call them and they will probably ask you to send the message to them, althou they can probably see it if it is in your message box.
MikeTheEngineer

Pebby wrote:http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/rfe-spam-ov.html

Mike the above link may help, if nothing else call them and they will probably ask you to send the message to them, althou they can probably see it if it is in your message box.
Ya, spent two hours digging through that... There is absolutely no way to REPORT threats. You can only report people *after* they've bought or sold something to/from you. If, in my situation, it's just some random busy-body making demands and threats... there isn't an *option* to report it, anywhere. Nor was I successful in find a phone number to call.
Doll-Lee

Post by Doll-Lee »

MikeTheEngineer wrote:
Doll-Lee wrote:Sorry to hear you're having problems Mike, eBay can be a nightmare and the dolly world unfortunately has its rotten apples the same as anywhere else. Do you know who she is on dollfan? Maybe she could explain what she means about the rubbing the majority up the wrong way as I must be in the minority if that's the case as I have no idea what she's going on about.
Love,
Lee
It is probably "Angelica", as she was bad mouthing me elsewhere. I think it all started when people were trashing me for trying to sell it, flaws and all. Someone bid on it... and they just kept on saying I should even be trying to sell it, I should just throw it away. So I made the joke, maybe they think I'll be famous one day, and want my first one! I was trying to take their belittling in stride... And now everyone's all offended. (When I say "everyone" I mean the extremely vocal extreme minority) ~_~ And Right after that is when I started getting threats on Ebay, and "Angelica" started bad mouthing me here... even mentioning "reporting me on ebay"

"eBay I'd have a word with them and see if they can block her for harassing you. " I spent 2 hours last night looking for a way of contacting ebay about harassment, unsuccessfully. They've apparently removed all ways to report harassment over the years.
I'm in the uk so eBay here might be different but go to help and contact and scroll down to the bottom it can be tricky to get the phone number but you usually have to play around with what you're calling about. Once you've found one that gives you the number just speak to the advisor, explain your problem and they will be able to see any messages sent to you that are harassing and put a stop to it. I've just read your other thread and must say I'm quite disappointed in some of the comments made to you. I could tell a lot of what you were saying was tongue in cheek and not meant to offend. I also think much more tact could have been used in people's descriptions of your doll. It's great for a first attempt and I can see how the form changed because the crawling pose was not there as like you say there was no armature in the doll. I would say in future I do like those fig leaves :wink:

Much luck to you Mike, my dad and grandad were both engineers and grandad especially would have been fascinated by what you're doing. He used to build us kids dolls house and all sorts, of course more by way of carpentry in those days, he even built me a fruit stall one Christmas that I loved and looked just like you'd see on an old market with striped awning and all. You keep it up and don't let others get you down.

Love,
Lee
My beautiful Daisy xx

My eBay store.
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/DOLLee-Collect ... 7675.l2563
NanaCarolyn

Post by NanaCarolyn »

So sorry this is happening to you. I have pretty thin skin when it comes to this stuff so I can empathize. I get really hurt even when it's not meant to hurt. I hope you will be able to disregard her malicious comments. I don't think she has any power to hurt your name or reputation on EBay or anywhere else as you have done nothing wrong. Plenty of other newbies sell there works, imperfections and all, EBay does not have some kind of standard for handmade items. I think the worst thing you could do to this person is to ignore her. She gains confidence by getting a rise out of you. I'm sorry you had to experience this negative side of the doll world so early in your journey. Most of these people are the best people you could ever meet. But, sadly, we have all experienced this kind of thing a time or two.
Happy Dolly Days,

Hugs,
Carolyn

MikeTheEngineer

Doll-Lee wrote: I would say in future I do like those fig leaves :wink:

Love,
Lee
Well, if you notice, I did white out one section where the 'bit's appeared to prominently. I left the other as is, because it's *exactly* the same position and pose I've seen on almost every doll I've seen.

I appreciate your kind words. I couldn't care less about her words to me. It goes over the line when you start harassing, demanding, threatening, and trying to get someone banned from ebay cause they didn't OBEY YOU. (Not you lee, referring to the bad person.) And that's what it comes down to. She's power trippin'. Trying to shove HER way down MY throat. I won't capitulate. As they say "Evil triumphs when a good person does nothing." Tyrants like her need to be stopped, or at the very least bring her evil deeds into the light for all to see.
Last edited by MikeTheEngineer on Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annette

Post by Annette »

I'm so sorry that someone in our doll community has attacked you in such a way. Some people are threatened by talented newcomers. So sad really. This person does NOT speak for anyone but themselves. The majority of members here are great people and welcome newcomers and their talents.
I wish you all the best in your newest venture. And I must say that, for your first silicone attempt, you've done very well. :) I can't wait to see your future work.
Hugs Annette
MikeTheEngineer

Annette wrote:I'm so sorry that someone in our doll community has attacked you in such a way. Some people are threatened by talented newcomers. So sad really. This person does NOT speak for anyone but themselves. The majority of members here are great people and welcome newcomers and their talents.
I wish you all the best in your newest venture. And I must say that, for your first silicone attempt, you've done very well. :) I can't wait to see your future work.
Thank you so much! I'm really hoping my next iteration will be drastically better. I have some theories that *should* allow me to make one with Zero seams, connection points and no pour point. The method I'm trying next would be completely impossible using standard molding process. ^_^
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

MikeTheEngineer wrote:
DMKreiser wrote:ignore people like that. They are usually unhappy in their own lives so they have to make someone else miserable too
Words I can ignore: Someone intentionally trying to harm me, by smearing my name and trying to get my ebay account banned... isn't something that's ignorable.
WHY would she want to get you banned on Ebay? Honestly, the doll world has become so incredibly mean spirited. I'm sorry as a newcomer to the industry you had that slapped in your face straight off. Hard to ignore people like that.