One more giveaway! Winner in first post

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Jenny

One more giveaway! Winner in first post

Post by Jenny »

Last giveaway! Share one of your fondest Easter memories with us. Either as an adult or from your childhood. I have a few great Easter memories as both a little girl and as an adult. Come on ladies, join in on the fun and share those precious memories!

I will draw one winner on Sunday, April 9th.

:elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:

I used the RANDOM.ORG to select the winner and the WINNER IS:

VALERIE ANNE

Please PM me your mailing address
Last edited by Jenny on Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Valerie~Anne~

Re: One more giveaway! Share your fondest Easter memory as an adult or from your childhood....

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

I have mixed feelings about the Easter when I was about 10 years old. I took my first plane trip with my family to New York City to see the Easter Show at Radio City Music Hall. So we were in NYC for Easter morning and my mother wouldn't give me any Easter candy because she said I was too chubby. She did, however, buy me a doll to make up for it so I couldn't be too upset.
Emma Rose
NadiaK

Re: One more giveaway! Share your fondest Easter memory as an adult or from your childhood....

Post by NadiaK »

My favorite memory is going shopping with my mom as a little girl to get a new dress and bonnet for Easter. Back then people always dressed up big time for Easter Sunday mass. I remember standing in church and looking at all the beautiful outfits people were wearing. Even my little brothers had on suits and bow ties.
Hugs,
Nadia

LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Driving to my Grandma's house which was about a three hour drive.... There was eight of us in our old car...and my Mom packed a nice lunch for the road...my Grandma had a big family..and she made the most scrumptious Easter dinner...
She was Ukrainian..and made cabbage rolls, perogies, paska ...Easter bread...and so many other goodies...We also got new clothes for Easter Sunday mass...
tovisbabies

Post by tovisbabies »

I lived in Norway when I was very small. One Easter found me in the hospital to remove my adenoids. It was a stay for at least a week and can you believe it, I wasn't allowed visitors! The nurses were nuns and very strict. I was terrified. One of the happy memories, however, was family members coming to visit by standing outside the window and waving and sending up treats. I remember getting a little brown bag with marzipan candies shaped like chickies and bunnies. I couldn't eat them but I sure played with them and thought they were something very special!
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

~Valerie~Anne~ wrote:I have mixed feelings about the Easter when I was about 10 years old. I took my first plane trip with my family to New York City to see the Easter Show at Radio City Music Hall. So we were in NYC for Easter morning and my mother wouldn't give me any Easter candy because she said I was too chubby. She did, however, buy me a doll to make up for it so I couldn't be too upset.
I can so relate to that story about the candy for Easter. I got fruit, gum ( the healthy spearmint, peppermint, not bubble gum) maybe a night gown, new panties ?? and my 9 girl cousins would all get chocolate bunnies, jelly beans, malted eggs, you know all the good stuff! I wonder if my mom knew how bad that hurt me? I am sure it was the right thing, smartest thing to do, but it sure wasn't for me as far as understanding the reason at 8, 9, 10 ,11 years old. By the way, that one day didn't help me become a skinny child either, it may have even made it worse. :(
Annette

Post by Annette »

Loving all these stories. What memories we all have. :)
Thankyou for doing this giveaway, Jenny.

When I was about 7 or 8, and we still lived in the U.K., we used to go down to my maternal grandparents' place on the south coast just about every weekend, and every summer. After church on Easter weekend, we were allowed to take our Easter eggs with us to Grandma and Grandad's, but not allowed to eat them until we got to their house. So we put them in the back window of the car.
It would take a while to get there, but half way there, we would always stop at this one particular rest stop. Mum always packed Cornish Pasties (which she kept warm wrapped up in tea towels), and vegetable soup in a flask (thermos).
We were on our way there, and stopped at our favorite place, and ate our picnic. Then, we played Hide and Seek, and Dad had climbed a tree and we were trying to find him. Well, this lady and her hubby were there too, and when we couldn't find Dad, she said "I can see him!", and looked right at him. We were kind of miffed, as we had been having fun looking for him.
We got on our way, and when we got to Grandma and Grandad's, we unpacked the car, and went to get our Easter eggs too. We were heartbroken when we saw them, because it had been so hot with the sun beating through the back window, that it had totally melted all our chocolate eggs. :( What a mess! But Grandma and Grandad had got some more for us, so we didn't miss out.
That's one of my most vivid memories from my childhood. :heart:
Hugs Annette
nanaglenna

Post by nanaglenna »

I remember when we were small, mom would dress us girl's in fancy dresses and my brothers in suits. She would then line all four of us in front of the house for pictures before we'd leave for church. After church we returned home for a full out ham dinner with the works. I really miss how special it all was.
Dolly Hugs, Glenna

Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Jenny
Thank you for the giveaway.

My Easter as a child is exactly as Glenna's only there were 4 girls. I really miss that. I loved getting all dressed up in the fancy clothes and new shoes. As I got older and was pregnant with my daughter they used to sell Fruit N Nut eggs, I can not find them anywhere now but I do remember eating almost 1 a day. My daughter was born in June so I got to eat all the Easter candy I wanted . Luckily I only weighed 125 lbs the day I had her. I wish I could find a Fruit N Nut egg now.
tracey427

Post by tracey427 »

This is a good one Jenny: As many may or may not know. My mom walked out on my dad and I when I was very young. My dad raised me completely alone from the time I was 7 forward. He was almost 50 when I was born and a single man raising a 7 year old girl in the mid 1960's was not a common thing in small hometown America. So the picture I am attaching is one of my favorite Easter memories. Mom hadn't left yet, but mentally she was on her way out long before she actually left. My dad's mom (my best friend/my mentor/my only living Grandparent) made sure I got to church, even though she never drove. Dad would bring me to her house and the two of us would walk to church together. My dad trying to make up for my mom's mental vacation always tried to be sure that he went the extra mile for me. So here's my favorite picture of my dad and I EVER. Easter Sunday 1967 I was four. Dad always made sure I had beautiful clothes, either he gave Gram money to shop or as I got older we went together to buy my clothes. Also every Easter he made sure that Gram and I each had a corsage and he continued that tradition until I graduated High School. So here we are Easter 1967 before church in Batavia NY (MY home town) and you can't see but there was still snow on the ground on Easter Sunday. Mostly snow banks but it was there. I lost daddy in 1993 and I miss him so very much but this picture brings me joy and reminds me of the promise of Easter.

It's not the best picture as it's very old...almost 50 years old. My Robert did his best to restore it, water had been spilled on it and he had it mounted on a gorgeous canvas.
Owner - Oma's Attic - Boutique Clothes At Oma's Prices
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

tracey427 wrote:This is a good one Jenny: As many may or may not know. My mom walked out on my dad and I when I was very young. My dad raised me completely alone from the time I was 7 forward. He was almost 50 when I was born and a single man raising a 7 year old girl in the mid 1960's was not a common thing in small hometown America. So the picture I am attaching is one of my favorite Easter memories. Mom hadn't left yet, but mentally she was on her way out long before she actually left. My dad's mom (my best friend/my mentor/my only living Grandparent) made sure I got to church, even though she never drove. Dad would bring me to her house and the two of us would walk to church together. My dad trying to make up for my mom's mental vacation always tried to be sure that he went the extra mile for me. So here's my favorite picture of my dad and I EVER. Easter Sunday 1967 I was four. Dad always made sure I had beautiful clothes, either he gave Gram money to shop or as I got older we went together to buy my clothes. Also every Easter he made sure that Gram and I each had a corsage and he continued that tradition until I graduated High School. So here we are Easter 1967 before church in Batavia NY (MY home town) and you can't see but there was still snow on the ground on Easter Sunday. Mostly snow banks but it was there. I lost daddy in 1993 and I miss him so very much but this picture brings me joy and reminds me of the promise of Easter.

It's not the best picture as it's very old...almost 50 years old. My Robert did his best to restore it, water had been spilled on it and he had it mounted on a gorgeous canvas.
I love that picture! What a great memory!
Inspired_Rebecca

Post by Inspired_Rebecca »

:)
Last edited by Inspired_Rebecca on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rebecca
JanelleMarie

Post by JanelleMarie »

Love reading all of your posts! <3
I loved Easter as a child, but I love it so much more as a Mom!
My Mother and Grandmother (Soooo lucky to still have her <3) hide 100 eggs for all the great grandkids, all stuffed with prizes, gift coupons and money-
they spend months gathering prizes and planning the scavenger hunt, games, races... no matter how big the kids get, they all participate, and have a great time! Then my Dad makes smore's with them around the fire pit, to 'toast' the Season to come! It reminds me that those simple Spring and Summer Days of bike rides and baseball games are just around the corner!!!
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I came across this pic of Easter 2002.
IMG_1787.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Tracy Lorraine wrote:I came across this pic of Easter 2002.IMG_1787.JPG
That is absolutely precious!
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

I will be drawing a lucky Easter winner around 12 noon!
Jenny

Re: One more giveaway! Winner in first post

Post by Jenny »

Winner in first post! Thank you to everyone that participated and shared your pictures, traditions and stories!
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

Congratulations, Valerie Anne!!!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Congratulations Valerie Anne!!
Dion

Post by Dion »