Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Deb17

Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Post by Deb17 »

All of a sudden today my siggy pic was gone and there is a message from photobucket saying I have to pay to be able to use them to post pictures. Anyone else have this happen?
NadiaK

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Post by NadiaK »

Not sure what the issue is with your siggy. I use photo bucket and my siggy picture is showing just fine.
Hugs,
Nadia

Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Photobucket has only a certain amount of memory you can use. Perhaps you've used it up? Try re-uploading your picture and see if that helps, too. Photobucket is such a massive pain... yet I still use it myself. I've just gotten used to all of it's annoying flaws.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

You have to sign up for the Plus500 plan now for $39.99 a month to get third-party hosting. Too expensive!!
Emma Rose
Lovestoknit Jane

Post by Lovestoknit Jane »

I have just use photobucket and it was fine.

Check out my knitted sets on my facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Janes-kn ... 2509536579
~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

I think Photobucket allows a certain amount of third-party hosting and when you've reached the max it no longer works.
Emma Rose
Lovestoknit Jane

Just looked, mine is on 75%, so when it gets to 100% it won't work? Can you still see your pictures Valerie-Anne?

tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

:( I was on the free PB and my pics aren't showing up....I've only used up about 25% too so it doesn't make sense
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
Kim

Post by Kim »

Oh no. Lately, my pics are blurry on PB. Siggy is still showing. When I got close to full, I started using hubby's PB account. Terrible photo quality and soooo slow.
~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

Lovestoknit Jane wrote:Just looked, mine is on 75%, so when it gets to 100% it won't work? Can you still see your pictures Valerie-Anne?
I can still see my pictures on Photobucket, just can post them to other sites like Doll-Fan. Not sure what to do. :dunno:
Emma Rose
Lovestoknit Jane

~Valerie~Anne~ wrote:
Lovestoknit Jane wrote:Just looked, mine is on 75%, so when it gets to 100% it won't work? Can you still see your pictures Valerie-Anne?
I can still see my pictures on Photobucket, just can post them to other sites like Doll-Fan. Not sure what to do. :dunno:

Thank you Valerie-Anne, i have pictures on there of my husband who passed three years ago next month, it would break me if i lost them. Maybe i need to find a way to put them some where safe.

~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

Lovestoknit Jane wrote:
~Valerie~Anne~ wrote:

Thank you Valerie-Anne, i have pictures on there of my husband who passed three years ago next month, it would break me if i lost them. Maybe i need to find a way to put them some where safe.
Oh, yes, you may want to back up those pictures since they are priceless. So sorry that you've lost your husband. I'm sure you continue to miss him very much.
Emma Rose
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I got the same message & my album has LOADS of space. It said if I paid a fee per year I could use it for third party posting. i don't post photos often enough for that charge. I can see if I was selling on Ebay or something. Want to check & see if there might be another way to go. I've tried to put the images on here, but it says they are too large to post.
Last edited by Barbydoll on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
DianneDollLover

Post by DianneDollLover »

I don't use photobucket anymore. I just upload my pictures to my computer and it's very easy to download them here to DF. At the bottom of a post just click on full editor and preview then attachments and then click on the add files. Works great for me! :D

Barby when I have problems with the size I just resize my pic. smaller until it fits.

I also us my computer to download on ebay. I hate PB. It got to be such a pain! :roll:
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

DianneDollLover wrote:I don't use photobucket anymore. I just upload my pictures to my computer and it's very easy to download them here to DF. At the bottom of a post just click on full editor and preview then attachments and then click on the add files. Works great for me! :D

Barby when I have problems with the size I just resize my pic. smaller until it fits.

I also us my computer to download on ebay. I hate PB. It got to be such a pain! :roll:
That's what I do when posting a picture on a specific post but what do you do for a siggy picture?
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

_Melinda wrote:Maybe it's a UK thing? Mine is fine. I actually paid for an upgrade because I was tired of the ads. It's $30 something a year here.
I'm not in the UK, I'm in the U.S.- New York
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

Court_LLRN wrote:Photobucket has only a certain amount of memory you can use. Perhaps you've used it up? Try re-uploading your picture and see if that helps, too. Photobucket is such a massive pain... yet I still use it myself. I've just gotten used to all of it's annoying flaws.
I've only used 2%!
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

~Valerie~Anne~ wrote:I think Photobucket allows a certain amount of third-party hosting and when you've reached the max it no longer works.
The only third party hosting I have used is my siggy picture on DF, absolutely nothing else, just 1 picture on 1 site.