Dwindling sales & High School

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
robinsmithsc

Dwindling sales & High School

Post by robinsmithsc »

High school was hard enough the first time ~the exclusive (to excude) cliques , the popular girls who only talked to each other as though no one else in the room had spoken.
:hi:

:foryou:

:grouphug:

:dunno:
When you wonder why your doll world seems to be getting smaller, buyers are disappearing ,selling is harder than ever (some of you get SO FRUSTRATED when no one buys your doll) just remember how very possessive of this forum you are, how TIGHT your little doll family is ---so tight there's little room for others.
I wonder how many have come & gone without you ever noticing. Your loss,truly.

People are leaving DF ,some quietly,some publically.
When they go they take their money with them.
It's wonderful that you like each other so much because you're going to be selling & re-selling to each other for years.
I don't doubt for a minute any of this will be understood by you. You're so NICE !! Why would anyone say such things?
Maybe this will sink in >I included visuals.
In the last few months thru DF connections I've purchased
THREE partial silicones
ONE 10" FBS
FIVE reborns
Several knits from 2 different sellers
clothing for miniatures
IMG_8208.JPG
Before I started buying from DF members I had already purchased 16 reborns & I only discovered Reborns & silicones 11 months ago!!! Dec 2016
My #6 child's birthday is Dec 26th & he died 5 days after he turned 15 on New Years Eve.
So anyway....after 12 years I discovered Doll Therapy.
I still have every one of the dolls because I'm just a buyer. I will be donating some & gifting some but not selling.I thought about it but decided that's not for me right now. Buying is easy, exciting & enjoyable.

I cancelled my auto-pay for renewing membership last Saturday. Today only validated my decision

The popular girls might have the influence to get threads they don't like ,combined ,or posts they don't like ,deleted(It is THEIR forum ,after all-they were here first) ,but they are losing so much more in life. They won't ever see it that way because they stay safe, tucked away together :grouphug: as those around them shake their heads & leave. :bolting:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
georgeanne

Re: Dwindling sales & High School

Post by georgeanne »

You have totally lost me Hun, what has happened? I am not a member of some DF clique and I was never a member of a clique in high school so please enlighten us. I have no power to get posts combined and/or deleted. I am totally confused as to what has happened.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
tovisbabies

Post by tovisbabies »

???
frannie

Post by frannie »

Robin

I completely understand and I'm sorry you had these experiences here...I am very sorry if you leave indeed...we just got to know each other a little bit and I appreciate you a lot. Don't let a few spoil this forum for you. There are a lot of very kind good hearted Ladies on here as well!

Whatever you decide, I wish you the very best :foryou: !

Hugs to you!
Frannie
:heart: Bray :heart:
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I really enjoy reading your posts, Robin. Unfortunately, I’ve found “bullies” on all forums and social media. Please don’t let the vocal few run you off. DollFan has introduced me to dozens of loyal, kind, generous and loving friends. I can’t imagind my life without my DollFan sisters. Big hugs!
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

I have to say that I was the one who asked Steve to combine the old Andrea posts. It was very discouraging to come to my place of enjoyment, sit down with a cup of coffee and see the entire discussion forum filled with discussion after discussion, thread after thread about the same thing. Anyone who wanted to read the new post could, and if they wanted more threads they could use their search engine.
The constant bumping of old post was by one person with a personal agenda as clearly stated that she would destroy someones business. For me it was exhaustive to keep seeing it all.
I've been selling and collecting dolls for about 25 years now and I am by no means "popular" but I am still entitled to my own response and my response was - lets not fill up the board with the same topic.
I hope that you will stay with the forum if it is enjoyable to you to do so.
For me, I was going to have to leave because of the repetitive negativity all over the front page of the forum thread after thread - so I asked for it to be stopped. One thread is enough. Enough is Enough!!!!!!
KyleeCat S

Post by KyleeCat S »

I don't see it on here nearly as much as on YouTube. But, I have to admit that I do see it. I'm fairly new here, and haven't noticed cliches yet. I just love being a part of the community for our mutual love of dolls and the comfort they bring us. Please don't let the bad ones chase you off, don't let them win.
KYLEE
Mikki

Post by Mikki »

Bad apples spoil it for all of us. Hate to see another nice Dollfanner leave....
Realborn Jaxon

Mikki W
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

I hate when anyone leaves as well. I buy mostly from members on this board because I feel I now them and can trust them. I have never had a bad "deal" with anyone on this board. I do notice, however, that many have gone to facebook to sell their dolls...I hate facebook and you really can't trust everyone to do the right thing on FB. But, that is not my decision....it is theirs.

Clicque-ish.....ummmm....I know there are some on this board who know each other well but I think that is because they have been members for a very long time.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Robin I sure hope you will reconsider leaving. I think you have been a voice of reason with many of your recent posts. I would hate to see you go just when I was starting to get to know you. :toast:
Hugs,
Nadia

moyasbuttonbabies

Post by moyasbuttonbabies »

Robin I totally understand we’re your coming from yesterday I put on a post in the wanted section looking for a silicone baby with faults as I can’t afford an expensive baby.i captioned my post desprate and cos didn’t get back on here for a good few hours was told can’t be that desprate.what this woman didn’t know was in between posting and getting back on here I found out my nephew had been told he had terminal cancer so as you can imagaine my mind went compleatly off the silicone. Never got an apology just another lady saying how sweet she was. I’ve put many ads on here for one thing or another and they always seem to get over looked .I know some of the lady’s on here are lovely to deal with but as you say it seems some are in a little click of there own been thinking for a while about leaving here my self.xxx
Becca

Post by Becca »

:toast:

I hope you will stay, Robin. If not I completely understand! I wish you the best :hug:
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

Susan Cornelius wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:15 am :foryou:
I have to say that I was the one who asked Steve to combine the old Andrea posts. It was very discouraging to come to my place of enjoyment, sit down with a cup of coffee and see the entire discussion forum filled with discussion after discussion, thread after thread about the same thing. Anyone who wanted to read the new post could, and if they wanted more threads they could use their search engine.
The constant bumping of old post was by one person with a personal agenda as clearly stated that she would destroy someones business. For me it was exhaustive to keep seeing it all.
I've been selling and collecting dolls for about 25 years now and I am by no means "popular" but I am still entitled to my own response and my response was - lets not fill up the board with the same topic.
For me, I was going to have to leave because of the repetitive negativity all over the front page of the forum thread after thread - so I asked for it to be stopped. One thread is enough. Enough is Enough!!!!!!
EXACTLY what Susan said. Unfortunately bullies come in go. I had a bad tangle with some years ago, right after doll fan opened. I left for a while until I decided they didn't control my life. I came back, Steve kicked them off and I've been here happily ever after.
Becca

Post by Becca »

moyasbuttonbabies wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:00 am thinking for a while about leaving here my self.xxx
I'm sorry that happened to you, Moya, and I am sorry to hear that about your nephew :(

I hope you don't leave. :foryou:
moyasbuttonbabies

Post by moyasbuttonbabies »

Thanks Becca x
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

As I said in another post! DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO ROB YOUR JOY! I hate that good people are leaving this doll forum. I do not have thick skin at all, I have a big heart and truly love my dollfan friends, but I have had my feelings hurt a time or two, but I will not allow anyone to determine the outcome of what I enjoy.Like Tracy Lorraine said I have also met and made the greatest friends in my life right here on dollfan!
Robin you are a truly sweet friend and a great addition to dollfan! I hope you decide to stay.

One thing I always told my girls, before you say anything ask yourself,would I be ok if this was said or done to me, if the answer is NO! Then don't do it. Words hurt! You never know what someone may be going through! Your words and actions can have a lasting affect on someone! Good or bad...
Last edited by Jenny on Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robinsmithsc

Post by robinsmithsc »

Susan Cornelius wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:15 am :foryou:
Thank you for making my point for me . I couldn't come up with a better example if I tried.
robinsmithsc

Post by robinsmithsc »

moyasbuttonbabies wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:00 am Robin I totally understand we’re your coming from yesterday I put on a post in the wanted section looking for a silicone baby with faults as I can’t afford an expensive baby.i captioned my post desprate and cos didn’t get back on here for a good few hours was told can’t be that desprate.what this woman didn’t know was in between posting and getting back on here I found out my nephew had been told he had terminal cancer so as you can imagaine my mind went compleatly off the silicone. Never got an apology just another lady saying how sweet she was. I’ve put many ads on here for one thing or another and they always seem to get over looked .I know some of the lady’s on here are lovely to deal with but as you say it seems some are in a little click of there own been thinking for a while about leaving here my self.xxx

I am so sorry about your nephew :hug: Nothing else is more important than that .I have no other words
robinsmithsc

Post by robinsmithsc »

NadiaK wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:37 am Robin I sure hope you will reconsider leaving. I think you have been a voice of reason with many of your recent posts. I would hate to see you go just when I was starting to get to know you. :toast:
I know 😩 & I've been here since January . :dunno:
robinsmithsc

Post by robinsmithsc »

Tracy Lorraine wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:59 am I really enjoy reading your posts, Robin. Unfortunately, I’ve found “bullies” on all forums and social media. Please don’t let the vocal few run you off. DollFan has introduced me to dozens of loyal, kind, generous and loving friends. I can’t imagind my life without my DollFan sisters. Big hugs!
But it's not the bullies - it's the group of old friends who just don't notice anyone else BUT their friends.
Stinks for us " newbies" .