Denver Doll Emporium

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
georgeanne

Denver Doll Emporium

Post by georgeanne »

Mike my husband who hates my dolls bought me a BJD for my birthday. Firstly let me say this was amazing that he even bought me a present for my birthday and then a doll, well it made me cry. I bought the doll on my birthday last Friday February 2nd along with clothes, eyes and wig using Mike's card since he is out of town and gave me the number. Anyway, she shipped the doll out Priority Mail, insured February 2nd, it left Colorado on February 2nd on it's way to me, here in a far distant land from Denver Doll Emporium to Mesa, Arizona. It was supposed to be delivered Monday February 5th. The last tracking was on February 4th and now all it says is it is en route. I am beside myself and so upset and now Mike is going to be home here in an hour after working out of town which he does and there is no doll. I called DDE and she told me there was nothing she could do for a month. Then I realized she only insured the package for $50.00, the doll and clothes cost several hundred. Now what, has anyone ever had this happen to them and how did you cope. Thank you for letting me vent.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
LovinIt_Crystal

Re: Denver Doll Emporium

Post by LovinIt_Crystal »

It is awful and that just happened to me. Luckily the doll eventually did arrive but about a week later.
I really hope yours comes soon!
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

How exciting! Such a sweet hubby you have. Don’t worry. I’m sure your package will show up soon.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Thank you Crystal. I hope it gets here soon since Mike is going to be livid and he is a very sweet and nice person, but does not like buying things online using his credit card and absolutely hates dolls so this is a double whammy.

Thank you Tracy, this has never happened to me before even with stuff bought from China but because Mike actually bought me a doll and a birthday gift to and it is not here I am freaking out.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
sallybabyofmine

Post by sallybabyofmine »

Georgeanne, I am so sorry that this happened to you. What a huge disappointment for both you and your husband. I hope they find your missing package right away. I look forward to seeing the wonderful photos of your BJB baby when she arrives . ,Happy Birthday!
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Sometimes packages seem to just take longer than you would expect. I once had an outfit shipped priority mail from Florida to New Jersey. It too two weeks to arrive. :shock: Sure hope everything works out for you.
Hugs,
Nadia

SweetSunriseBabies

Post by SweetSunriseBabies »

Happy belated birthday! What a nice gift! I hope your doll shows up soon and is just a little late~
~Tiffany~
Instagram: Sweet_Sunrise_Nursery
FB:Tiffany Campbell or Sweet Sunrise Nursery
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

Oh, how stressful and upsetting! I hope it arrives soon. Contact the seller and have her call USPS to see if they can put a tracking on it to see where the problem lays. Even if purchased by CC, you should still be covered by your CC company if it never arrives.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Thank you everyone. I did call the doll shop and she told me there was nothing she could do for 30 days. I did get a local number and I am going to call them Monday and see if we can trace it. Mike got home a bit ago and when I told him he was pretty mad. But he is a calm, quiet guy so I will figure out what to do. It concerns me that I find out she only insured everything for $50.00 when it was several hundred that Mike spent. I wish she would have told me about the insurance because I would have insisted it was covered for the total amount.

erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

I’m so sorry Georgeanne. That sucks. I’d raise cane with the sop over that insurance. That wasn’t her decision to make. I always fully insure dolls. It’s the only safe way. Is it USPS? I’d call them. If it’s USPS, you should be able to call in the morning. If worse comes to worse, Mike’s CC will probably cover it. They usually will. So sorry Girlfriend. Happy Late Birthday anyway.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Thank you Erin. The insurance thing really makes me so mad. I was hoping someone who buys from them could give me their insight into their experiences with DDE. Thank you for the birthday wishes.

NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

georgeanne wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:22 pm Thank you Erin. The insurance thing really makes me so mad. I was hoping someone who buys from them could give me their insight into their experiences with DDE. Thank you for the birthday wishes.
Georgeanne,
A few years ago when I was collecting bjd's, I had several transactions with DDE. Everything always arrived without a problem.
Hugs,
Nadia

georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Thank you Nadia that reassures me so much. It is still out there in outerspace somewhere so hopefully it gets here soon.

Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

the weather has a lot to do with deliveries right now as so many flights have been cancelled. Hang in there!!
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Thank you Melissa I appreciate you helping to ease my nuttiness about it. I guess I have been very lucky I think in all the years I have bought things this has only happened to me 3 times.

Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

I have only had it happen about 3 times also one the label came off. one sent to wrong address cause sombody moved and didn't tell me!!That was an experience!!! one stuck in customs for a month!!!
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

Denver Doll Emporium should be able to trace their own packages no matter what the amount it was insured, I would think.
By paying by credit card you protected yourself as the bank will dispute charges for you. This has happened to us in the past & the bank has been very good to restore our funds!
Our daughter used to live in the Denver area & she/we used this store before. The last management there, I have to say was not the most organized.
Things may have changed since then as it has been several years since she has lived there.
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
hookedoncrochet

Post by hookedoncrochet »

I am sure you doll will arrive, but you are covered under the credit card for the full amount you paid, and not what it was insured for. I buy from USA and my items are sometimes marked less than I pay for them,which means I pay less customs as in UK we pay customs on anything over £15.00 ($20.74)
which makes some large items too expensive. I paid £98,08 ($134.64) customs on my last silicone doll.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Thank you everyone. I got notice at 1:30 this morning that it was delayed and not going to be delivered by February 5th. No shite Sherlock, what was their first clue. Then it said it was in Phoenix and not expected to be delivered today. Now, it finally says it is out for delivery I sure hope my regular mailman is working today because he said the guy that delivers on his day off is a dipshite and every week he has to deliver mail that the guy has given to the wrong address. I have to figure out how to post pictures now since we can't use photobucket. I guess I am just lazy but one of these days I will surprise you and take some pictures to post.

tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

Sorry this happened to you Georgeanne.......it is so upsetting to not know where they are...................I would love to see pictures.............Hugs, Kathy