Glad to be getting back into the Dolly World.

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Lainey

Glad to be getting back into the Dolly World.

Post by Lainey »

I have been really missing Doll Fan but we have been having so many things to deal with I just kind of put myself into a little place where I found comfort. Most of you know the story of our son Paul Junior with his car accident then his living in Hell for four years. He decided just before the 4 year post-accident time that he just couldn't take it any more and asked to have life support turned off. He passed away one day short of four years since his accident date. We learned last fall that Paul's younger brother had cancer and wasn't expected to live for long. We tried to get to NY to see him as often as we could to see him because it really cheered him up to see us. He passed away in February, and while we miss him so much, we know that he is now in a better place. While all this was happening, we discovered our Ragdoll cat, Noah, had cancer in his mouth and we medicated him until the doctor suggested Noah was beginning to have pain and we decided to help him cross that Rainbow Bridge. Molly still misses him and it's been about 2 months since we said good-bye to him. We will never forget all the support we got from all of our Doll Fan friends. It was so comforting for us to know there were so many people that really cared. I will never forget the loving support I had through it all.

So, I have decided the support I need now is to get back with my doll babies and all of your doll babies. Yesterday I decided to take the big step and add a new little one to my collection. She is going to arrive, according to the shipper, on Saturday. She is Journey sculpted by Laura Lee Eagles. I'm very excited about it. I have also decided to cut back a little on the number of dolls in my collection. I'm not sure who I will decide to find a new home for, but will be thinking about that. There are definitely several that I would not even consider selling so it may end being hard and I may decide I can't decide and will keep them all. Well, my little fingers are getting tired from all this typing so I will quit for now. I love you all and look forward to spending time on Doll Fan again. :heart: :grouphug: :elephant: :headspin:
HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]
Californiateri

Re: Glad to be getting back into the Dolly World.

Post by Californiateri »

So sorry for all you have been through, but so glad to have to back with us. You have been missed.
teri - and my sweeties

cookielover

Post by cookielover »

So good to hear from you and know you are coming back. You have survived a lot of tragedy and heartbreak...but you have survived! It takes time but the times do get better and you adjust to your new life.

“As long as we can love each other, and remember the feeling of love we had, we can die without really ever really going away. All the love you created is still there. All the memories are still there. You live on in the hearts of everyone you have touched and nurtured while you were here…Death ends a life, not a relationship.”

Welcome Back, Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

You’ve been through so much in such a short period of time. :grouphug: I’m so glad to see you back.
Annette

Post by Annette »

You’ve had a lot to deal with over the last while.
But am so glad to see you back. :hug:
Hugs Annette
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

So much has happened over these last few months :( I'm so sorry...I wish you peace and healing,Lainey. I am happy to see you on the forum....I have thought of you often
Welcome back :hug: :foryou:
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I was just thinking about you and Paul Sr., and thinking we better get in touch with you to see how you all were doing. I am so sorry about all you have gone through, my heart breaks for you and Paul Sr. to have to deal with so much loss in such a short amount of time. I am THRILLED to see you back again we have missed you, but you all remained in my prayers.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Pat in Alabama

Post by Pat in Alabama »

Lainey, I am so very happy to see that you are back on the forum. I am heart broken to hear of all that you have been through these past few months. I have kept you and Paul in my prayers. Please post lots of pictures of your new baby when she arrives.
Wishing you a blessed day.
judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

It has been a very difficult time for you lately our dear friend. It’s always so comforting to know that we have SO many people here in OUR dolly community that we can count on to help offer that support when we really need it the most. :hug:

It’s wonderful to see you back here with us and we can’t wait to meet your new baby. :heart:
Lainey

Post by Lainey »

Thank you all for the loving comments. I know I'm glad to be back here among so many friends. It has been very hard on our whole family but there is so much love that we just knew we would be alright. The two girls are doing alright too, but Ross our youngest is being hit the hardest. He lives right near where his Uncle Jack lived and fished and hunted with his uncle and now he won't be able to any more. He's going to be alright as well, given some time. :grouphug: :heart:
HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Lainey, I had no idea you were dealing with so much...God Bless You! I am happy to see you returning to doll-fan. Hope to see more of your posts.
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Boy have I missed you! I can not wait to see your new arrival!
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Hi Lainey...I honestly think of you every day in my prayers... you have had so much loss over the last while...
It is lovely to see you here and enjoying your babies again... Looking so forward to seeing your newest little one...
Welcome back to Doll-Fan and your dolly family. Hugs & Love
Dion

Post by Dion »

:heart: :heart: Lainey, welcome back, Sweetie. I was just thinking about you this week, but had no idea that you had endured so much sorrow while you were gone :cry: . My heart goes out to you and Paul and I am sending love and prayers to you and your family. I am so happy to see you here again and I can't wait to see your beautiful new baby.

:heart: :foryou: :heart: Love and Hugs, Dion
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

:foryou: Welcome back. You have been missed :foryou:
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

Dear Layney, I am very sorry that you and your family have been going through such hard times, with so much sadness. I believe that the decision to return to the dolls and to DF will be of great help to you. Congratulations for your new baby on the way. Laura's scupts are very beautiful.

:D :heart: :foryou: :hug:

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
Debbie@TNGUN

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

God bless you and Paul Lainey. I think of you both so very often and send my love and prayers :heart: :heart:

Congratulations on your new baby!! :baby1:
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com
safcfootienut_Jo

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

What a rotten time you have had Lainey. I hope this is a much better year for you and that your new baby brings a little light to your life.

Sending positive vibes your way.

Jo in the UK
Susanluvsbabies

Post by Susanluvsbabies »

I am glad to see you getting back into the dolly world. They do give us so much happiness. Still thinking and praying for your family and hope all the great memories of those you lost will help.
Mikki

Post by Mikki »

Missed you...you've had more of your share of sadness...hope you're healing. God Bless losing your children has got to be the most painful thing in the world.
Glad you're back.
Realborn Jaxon

Mikki W