Show us your Special Doll/s

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Annette

Show us your Special Doll/s

Post by Annette »

Going on something Ruth mentioned, and following her thread about her antique Marcie doll, we thought it would be neat for you to share your Special dolls. Special to you, for any reason....be it because it was given to you by a special person, or it’s an antique, or it reminds you of someone special, or whatever makes it special to you.

There is a doll in my collection, that immediately comes to mind when thinking of “Special”. She is my “Mara”, by Rolanda Heimer. She is an older artist vinyl. “Mara” was gifted to me one Mother’s Day, when I was having a particularly hard time, personally. I was feeling pretty depressed and miserable, and just couldn’t snap out of it. I talked to this dear friend, and she was so understanding and supportive. She had a lovely heart and beautiful soul. And I was blessed to know her through this lovely group.
As you see, I write about her in the past tense. Unfortunately, this lovely lady passed away a few years ago. She was taken too soon. 😞
She was pretty active here on Doll-Fan. Her name was Debbie Gasperini. I think I spelled that right. Some of the long-time members may remember her. Beautiful lady, greatly missed. 😞

1C9AFA63-C83B-4B50-BE4E-0015148FC76D.jpeg
Attachments
43B724E9-0098-4CF5-96EC-1DA22921D66B.jpeg
Hugs Annette
LindaBforbabies

Re: Show us your Special Doll/s

Post by LindaBforbabies »

I love your Mara Annette, and what a special doll.
I remember Debbie very well.
Annette

Post by Annette »

LindaBforbabies wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:58 pm I love your Mara Annette, and what a special doll.
I remember Debbie very well.
Thankyou Linda. :hug:
Hugs Annette
avrilm

Post by avrilm »

Mara is adorable Annette..and I remember Debbie.. :heart:

My special babies are my Quintuplets.. :heart:
These babies are modelled on the Dionne Quintuplets and created by LaDonna Briggs for a very dear friend of mine who sadly passed away just after receiving these babies..
I was blessed to be able to bring them home after my friends amazing collection of babies were put up for sale..I feel honoured to have these little ones who remind me every day of my friend.. :heart:

Hugs
Avrilm
331A5B4F-BF6C-43CB-87CD-036666F593D3.jpeg
CA1E1FC3-14E3-4340-B816-49E6C46CACEC.jpeg
[/size]
Gallery link showing some of the Hand knitted outfits I make
http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/Avrilm/Pics/knits/

My Feedback
http://www.doll-fan.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=883
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

:headspin: I am so glad to see the sharing of our dolls and the hobby we love. We are have stories about our dolls and how we got them. I'm thinking about another doll I want to share. Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
Annette

Post by Annette »

Thankyou for sharing your special dolls, Avril. They are a lovely reminder of your special friend too. ❤️

Ruth, would love to hear about more of your dolls. 😊
Hugs Annette
Brendas Babies

Post by Brendas Babies »

I remember Debbie and I also remember Mara. I had her too at one time.
Sweet Quinny by Nikki!
Inspired_Rebecca

Post by Inspired_Rebecca »

I never thought when I got into BJD’s that I would like the anthro dolls, but I love the Hippogrif I bought so much that I bought Realfee dragons and have another dragon by a different artist on the way in a few months.

Here are my ‘dragon’ crew :)
EA333F19-7620-4316-B196-197032EB3F48.jpeg
This is a picture of the dragon I have on order, but mine will be in light blue
29E6B735-24CF-40FD-BE6E-65C7D4D71474.jpeg
Rebecca
Inspired_Rebecca

Post by Inspired_Rebecca »

:) I enjoy seeing everyone’s dolls :)
Last edited by Inspired_Rebecca on Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rebecca
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

Here is my newest doll. I just got him yesterday. He just looks like a "him" to me. He is an 11" or so, antique Limbach 8682 baby with a bisque head on a composition body and sleep eyes. He has no breaks etc. but is dirty - easy to clean.

I got him on shopgoodwill.com --- a great site for all kinds of dolls at usually good prices. I haven't named him yet.
Goodwill1 8682.png
Gppdwill2 8682.png
Goodwill.3 8682.png
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

Here is my new 8682 baby sitting on Macie's lap -- Macie is my Alabama Baby also purchased at shopgoodwill.com
IMG_0902.jpeg
Annette

Post by Annette »

Wow! Some beautiful purchases at Goodwill! ❤️
Hugs Annette
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

Yes, I have been very lucky on shopgoodwill.com It has taken time to search but well worth it in the fun of the hunt and the find. Since at 81 I am staying at home during this pandemic and thrift stores are generally closed and off limits to me anyway -- I have the time. Sometimes the prices are really good and sometimes not so good. But the hunt is always fun. It amazes me what people send to thrift stores. I have also purchased a few duds too -- so you have to be able to take the bad with the good. Ruth
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

Inspired_Rebecca wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:48 pm I never thought when I got into BJD’s that I would like the anthro dolls, but I love the Hippogrif I bought so much that I bought Realfee dragons and have another dragon by a different artist on the way in a few months.

Here are my ‘dragon’ crew :)

EA333F19-7620-4316-B196-197032EB3F48.jpeg

This is a picture of the dragon I have on order, but mine will be in light blue

29E6B735-24CF-40FD-BE6E-65C7D4D71474.jpeg
These are super interesting dolls - I have never seen them. Aways amazes me how many different kinds of "dolls" people collect. Thanks, Ruth

Publish the Menu module to "offcanvas" position. Here you can publish other modules as well.
Learn More.