tiny glass beads

This would be the place to ask questions or share information concerning all types of doll making, re-doing, etc.
JackieG

tiny glass beads

Post by JackieG »

Hi everyone can someone tell me where is the best place to buy the tiny glass beads /pellets used for weighting the dolls bodies?

Thanks for the help!
HUgs
JackieG

PattyCakes

Re: tiny glass beads

Post by PattyCakes »

I buy mine at Grainger in a 50# bucket...they are called Ballatoni Beads and are used for sand blasting. They are about $55.00 for the 50# bucket.

erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

Jackie, I already found it in search. It is called C R's Craft. Here is the address: www.crscraft.com. They don't make it real clear where the glass beads are.

Click on Doll Supplies on the left
Then Stuffing again on left
Then Fiberfill and Beads
Then Beads
Then I bought the 1.5-2mm Glass Beads that cost $20.00 for a 10 lb. bag.

Now that is just what I picked. There are smaller ones too but I would not buy the very smallest. And they come in smaller bags only.

Let me know if this helps. I was happy with their glass.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DOLLY DAY!!
Hugs, Erin

•Darling Serenity by LLE - FOR SALE•

robincarrol

Post by robincarrol »

Jackie are you talking about the very fine glass beads that looks like sand or are you talking bout he bigger size like the plastic poly pellets.

If you are talking about the very fine glass beads you can get 50 pounds of 80 grit at the Harbor Freight store. (39.99) Lisa told me about them. If you have one no shipping!! You can pick it up. :D

Here is their website so you can see if you have one near you under retail stores on the left hand side. This link is for the 25 pound bag. At the bottom is the 50 pound bag.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=46426

azurelise

Post by azurelise »

robincarrol wrote:Jackie are you talking about the very fine glass beads that looks like sand or are you talking bout he bigger size like the plastic poly pellets.

If you are talking about the very fine glass beads you can get 50 pounds of 80 grit at the Harbor Freight store. (39.99) Lisa told me about them. If you have one no shipping!! You can pick it up. :D

Here is their website so you can see if you have one near you under retail stores on the left hand side. This link is for the 25 pound bag. At the bottom is the 50 pound bag.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=46426
I have a store near me in Texas! Thanks for the info! Wayyyyyy cheaper than anything Ive found so far and 50lbs? You can beat that.

cindyb

Post by cindyb »

Harbor freight 80 grit sandblasting beads. they are 50 lbs for $25.

angelnewbornsnursery

Post by angelnewbornsnursery »

I buy mine on ebay from http://shop.ebay.com/sybilray/m.html?_n ... m=&_ipg=25.
I like the larger ones for the bodies.