Vinyl Doll Scam

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Post Reply
User avatar
georgeanne
Posts: 36531
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:02 am
Location: Arizona
Feedback: 170|0|0

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by georgeanne »

Denise O wrote:She wanted $1750 for ORIGINALS!!!! Seriously.... major red flag. Whenever anyone asks for a partial refund instead of just returning the alarms start sounding. $1750 for a blanket, bottle, crown, and a few pieces of clothing accessories. Are you kidding me??? And Kellie offered to send them after and it really got out of hand. I will NEVER deal with this buyer and I will educate the artists I work with on this subject. Its clearly not worth the risk.

California Diana R wrote:
Denise O wrote:Screen shots from her YouTube account were posted on the Facebook post and this is not the first issue she has had buying dolls. She tried to extort a partial refund out of Kelliegirl to the amount of $1750 because some of the original items were not sent when she purchased Kellies Janika. As the buyer she then also claimed the doll was not pristine and allegedly threatened to ruin Kellies reputation. It was a mess but finally a resolution was agreed upon. $1750 partial refund for a missing blanket, bottle, tights, headband etc. seriously???? Watch her YouTube videos. They are crystal clear and held steady. Quite a huge difference from this box opening.
Oh! Yes! Denise! I remember that fiasco! She claimed Kellie didn't include all of Janika's "originals". I didn't put two and two together, until you just mentioned it. Kellie keeps her dolls pristine. I felt so badly for her. It was just so nasty. Now I know who this person is.
OMG, I forgot about what happened to Kellie and don't think I knew who the buyer was. This just shows me this is a scamalamadingdong.
Last edited by georgeanne on Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
User avatar
Jasmin
Posts: 5622
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: Michigan
Feedback: 121|0|0
Contact:

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by Jasmin »

I know who Muffin8 is and had a positive transaction with her. However I have no idea who French Smurfette is ? Can someone please message me her real name so I know not to ever sell a doll to her.
Image
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello
User avatar
dianareed
Posts: 798
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:35 pm
Location: Greendale, IN USA
Feedback: 20|0|0

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by dianareed »

Denise O wrote:She wanted $1750 for ORIGINALS!!!! Seriously.... major red flag. Whenever anyone asks for a partial refund instead of just returning the alarms start sounding. $1750 for a blanket, bottle, crown, and a few pieces of clothing accessories. Are you kidding me??? And Kellie offered to send them after and it really got out of hand. I will NEVER deal with this buyer and I will educate the artists I work with on this subject. Its clearly not worth the risk.

California Diana R wrote:
Denise O wrote:Screen shots from her YouTube account were posted on the Facebook post and this is not the first issue she has had buying dolls. She tried to extort a partial refund out of Kelliegirl to the amount of $1750 because some of the original items were not sent when she purchased Kellies Janika. As the buyer she then also claimed the doll was not pristine and allegedly threatened to ruin Kellies reputation. It was a mess but finally a resolution was agreed upon. $1750 partial refund for a missing blanket, bottle, tights, headband etc. seriously???? Watch her YouTube videos. They are crystal clear and held steady. Quite a huge difference from this box opening.
Oh! Yes! Denise! I remember that fiasco! She claimed Kellie didn't include all of Janika's "originals". I didn't put two and two together, until you just mentioned it. Kellie keeps her dolls pristine. I felt so badly for her. It was just so nasty. Now I know who this person is.
I'm right there with you, Denise! I just thought it was Customs' fault because of what had happened to me. My goodness. It's so disheartening to see at what lengths a person will go for money.
Image
User avatar
Tracy Lorraine
Posts: 22784
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:05 pm
Location: Florida
Feedback: 400|0|0

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

You can't change the spots on a leopard.
_Melinda
Posts: 3754
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 11:23 am
Feedback: 178|2|0

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by _Melinda »

Geez, Louise..... what a flippin' mess!

I would NEVER lie on a custom's form, especially when sending something mega expensive! Given the cost of shipping, the cost of insurance, the limitations on insurance that is available on overseas shipments, and my distrust of customs, anything more expensive than $1,000 would be US only in my book. I've had the fortune of dealing primarily with honest folks though I've had a couple of run-ins. This is one heck of a scam!

Why on earth would you not just call Paypal, provide them the shipping receipt proving weight of the item shipped, and BOOM..... case closed?

I don't know who to believe. I'm not going to try and sort that out. But it's odd to me that Paypal wouldn't find for the seller if a receipt showing weight were shown.
Image
My baby!
User avatar
NadiaK
Posts: 13013
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:48 pm
Location: New Jersey
Feedback: 204|0|0

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by NadiaK »

Mariemay wrote:In this case, had there been insurance they would not have paid out. As far as they are conserned the parcel was delivered.
i have heard it's really hard to get USPS to pay out a claim on an insured parcel anyway.
This was just a really bad situation.
I just wanted to add that last month I purchased a silicone baby for $1575. The tracking showed that she left the seller's state, but no further updates to this day. The seller did file a claim with USPS since the package was insured and they did pay out the entire cost of the doll.
Hugs,
Nadia

Image
User avatar
Shannon
Posts: 4487
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:21 am
Feedback: 425|1|1

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by Shannon »

NadiaK wrote:
Mariemay wrote:In this case, had there been insurance they would not have paid out. As far as they are conserned the parcel was delivered.
i have heard it's really hard to get USPS to pay out a claim on an insured parcel anyway.
This was just a really bad situation.
I just wanted to add that last month I purchased a silicone baby for $1575. The tracking showed that she left the seller's state, but no further updates to this day. The seller did file a claim with USPS since the package was insured and they did pay out the entire cost of the doll.
In that case, the PO was unable to provide proof of delivery so the package is considered lost. However, if tracking shows delivered, then the PO is off the hook, even if they delivered to the wrong address. Signature confirmation should help with that, but I have had the carrier run short on the confirmation forms and just scan one from another person on the route. One time, it wasn't even in the same neighborhood. I did question the carrier about it and that's when I was told about them using other people's signature cards. :shock:
User avatar
Shannon
Posts: 4487
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:21 am
Feedback: 425|1|1

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by Shannon »

_Melinda wrote:Geez, Louise..... what a flippin' mess!

I would NEVER lie on a custom's form, especially when sending something mega expensive! Given the cost of shipping, the cost of insurance, the limitations on insurance that is available on overseas shipments, and my distrust of customs, anything more expensive than $1,000 would be US only in my book. I've had the fortune of dealing primarily with honest folks though I've had a couple of run-ins. This is one heck of a scam!

Why on earth would you not just call Paypal, provide them the shipping receipt proving weight of the item shipped, and BOOM..... case closed?

I don't know who to believe. I'm not going to try and sort that out. But it's odd to me that Paypal wouldn't find for the seller if a receipt showing weight were shown.

I wondered about that, too. Perhaps PayPal won't entertain disputes with those who have "dirty hands". Judge Judy is always preaching about the Clean Hands Doctrine. :wink:
Denise O
Posts: 2129
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:05 pm
Location: Florida
Feedback: 77|0|0
Contact:

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by Denise O »

The best thing to do is have restricted delivery confirmation and elect the option to have the package left at the post office for pick up. My husband also found security marked tape that can help and we are also looking into other methods to help... but this really only seems to be an issue ( majority and not always ) with purchasing on the secondary market. I only know of one or 2 dolls that went missing straight from the artist. If shipping internationally... I am not sure what the answer is, but we are researching to find the best method to make the package trackable through an independent company using a tracking device that is on the doll.
chelle77
Feedback: 0|0|0

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by chelle77 »

Yep
Now the pieces are coming together it seems.......
That name sounded familiar to me
Thanks for refreshing my memory, Denise!
User avatar
MelissaAnn
Posts: 3161
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:07 pm
Location: Tennessee
Feedback: 239|0|0

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by MelissaAnn »

Oh wow ~ what a mess!! :( When I have shipped packages overseas, I wrap the box in brown shipping paper then taping it up in a certain way... This way if the package is tampered with, I would be able to tell. With the packages I have shipped over the years, there have been no issues what so ever. :wink:

Hope this all gets sorted out.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Sweet Baby Cameron ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Image
bornanna
Feedback: 0|0|0

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by bornanna »

OMG...What a MESS...Reborning is an Art, passion and of course for many their only source of income. We all know what we put in to each creation. I must admit I too am always nervous when I box and send one of my Babe's away. That said I also will only ship in USA or to Canada, and I try to get as much info for those deliveries as I can...Insure for as much as allowed and always request a signed receipt to be returned to me. This only confirms my concern. Very sad.
User avatar
Sandis Doll House
Posts: 12088
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:46 pm
Location: Pensacola Florida & Birmingham, Al
Feedback: 147|0|0
Contact:

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by Sandis Doll House »

MelissaAnn wrote:Oh wow ~ what a mess!! :( When I have shipped packages overseas, I wrap the box in brown shipping paper then taping it up in a certain way... This way if the package is tampered with, I would be able to tell. With the packages I have shipped over the years, there have been no issues what so ever. :wink:

Hope this all gets sorted out.

I've done that too, but the post office said to make sure the name is on the box too in case the paper gets ripped off.
Image
Ushagrace
Feedback: 0|0|0

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by Ushagrace »

So VERY sorry. See my post. Im only out 129.00 tho.
Aleciaborbandy1
Feedback: 0|0|0

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by Aleciaborbandy1 »

You say to Kathy in the messages that were posted. " I didnt refuse for you to insure the doll. because you were going to have to pay an extortionate 600-700 dollars. I explained all my silicone dolls have been sent that way. Claire Taylor sent a doll to me without insurance, stating she has never had any problems with her experience, I assumed it would be safe. Had she been porcelain or sculpted, I would definitely insist on insurance but silicone isn't fragile."

you did not even go by what PayPal instructed you to do! As they told you to give the box and the doll back! You sent a new box!

You also say in another message "I explained before that since Claire Taylor herself (who sends her dolls across the globe) sent me my doll without insurance ( I was concerned about that) and explained she had never had a issue that I suggested doing the same".

You also say " I thought I would share this with you as I only learnt to always get insurance"


All of your emails you sent to the admin on Facebook are pieces of it and cut off messages and cut off date and times on some of them. Most of the messages you sent to the admin were mostly your messages and a couple of hers. If you are so adamant that you are innocent post your messages properly and all of them!

Then when I commented on the post in the scammers group, you commented and said I thought the packages were under the doll. Which you meant I thought the doll was under the doll. How does that make any sense! Answer, because it doesn't

Calling slander for everyone else commenting is just plain stupid! They have a right to there own opinions after seeing a video that is public and emails that are public.

1. You say you did not have custom fees on a Claire baby, yet you still have to go down to customs and get he in your YouTube video
2. You say you didn't refuse to insure the doll then you go and say you have had dolls without insurance and no problems, and just because Claire Taylor did it YOU ASSUMED IT WAS FINE AND SILICONE IS NOT FRAGILE
3. YOU SAY IN A DIFFERENT EMAIL YOU SUGGESTED IT FOR KATHY TO DO THE SAME !NO INSURANCE!


Your innocent until proven guilty, and yes Kathy would be in trouble to, but you influenced it by suggesting it and that was only in two emails, not all of the emails were there.
Aleciaborbandy1
Feedback: 0|0|0

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by Aleciaborbandy1 »

NadiaK wrote:
Mariemay wrote:In this case, had there been insurance they would not have paid out. As far as they are conserned the parcel was delivered.
i have heard it's really hard to get USPS to pay out a claim on an insured parcel anyway.
This was just a really bad situation.
I just wanted to add that last month I purchased a silicone baby for $1575. The tracking showed that she left the seller's state, but no further updates to this day. The seller did file a claim with USPS since the package was insured and they did pay out the entire cost of the doll.
When I shipped my Romie out, UPS in Canada would only insure her up to 2,500. I am shocked I wonder if that's everywhere else as well. Because that is very scary paying for a doll that is extremely more expensive than what they will pay out
User avatar
Shannon
Posts: 4487
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:21 am
Feedback: 425|1|1

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by Shannon »

Aleciaborbandy1 wrote:
NadiaK wrote:
Mariemay wrote:In this case, had there been insurance they would not have paid out. As far as they are conserned the parcel was delivered.
i have heard it's really hard to get USPS to pay out a claim on an insured parcel anyway.
This was just a really bad situation.
I just wanted to add that last month I purchased a silicone baby for $1575. The tracking showed that she left the seller's state, but no further updates to this day. The seller did file a claim with USPS since the package was insured and they did pay out the entire cost of the doll.
When I shipped my Romie out, UPS in Canada would only insure her up to 2,500. I am shocked I wonder if that's everywhere else as well. Because that is very scary paying for a doll that is extremely more expensive than what they will pay out
I no longer ship internationally, but when I did, I put in my auctions that I would not ship to a country unless I could fully insure. Was willing to refund and relist if the auction happened to be one that didn't allow the full amount. Insurance limits vary by country. You can find the list on the USPS website.
User avatar
Susan@childrenoftheheart
Posts: 6614
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:14 pm
Feedback: 267|0|0
Contact:

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

If I remember correctly, when I shipped dolls to Italy, only $600 insurance was allowed. Sure did make me nervous!!
Denise O
Posts: 2129
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:05 pm
Location: Florida
Feedback: 77|0|0
Contact:

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by Denise O »

I am curious about another thing that clearly shows dishonest behavior. In your Princess sale post http://www.doll-fan.com/viewtopic.php?f ... #p3295695b you clearly never mention that this doll has damage. Damage that you tried to get a partial refund from Kellie for and have NOT had repaired. You also don't offer originals. Again something you claimed devalued the doll.


****** EDITED TO ADD ****** Kellie did provide a $500 refund to the buyer of her Princess to have repairs done by Claire and the repairs to date have NEVER been done.
Last edited by Denise O on Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
jacque123
Feedback: 0|0|0

Re: Vinyl Doll Scam

Post by jacque123 »

Sandis Doll House wrote:
MelissaAnn wrote:Oh wow ~ what a mess!! :( When I have shipped packages overseas, I wrap the box in brown shipping paper then taping it up in a certain way... This way if the package is tampered with, I would be able to tell. With the packages I have shipped over the years, there have been no issues what so ever. :wink:

Hope this all gets sorted out.

I've done that too, but the post office said to make sure the name is on the box too in case the paper gets ripped off.
I always tape over the delivery information in case it would get wet and smear.
Post Reply
 
 

Publish the Menu module to "offcanvas" position. Here you can publish other modules as well.
Learn More.