Ebay Buyer?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
KeishaJay

Ebay Buyer?

Post by KeishaJay »

So, I have a buyer on eBay who's making me a little leery, for whatever reason. She's got a brand new account, made the day she bought my baby. She used buy-it-now and paid right away, which is great, but I'm still a bit hesitant to trust her. I've had this happen before with no issues, but she just makes me nervous for some reason. I think it's the fact that she has a brand new account. How would you all handle this situation to try to make sure you didn't get scammed? Also, I didn't see her name on the "block her" list, but that doesn't necessarily mean she isn't there.
georgeanne

Re: Ebay Buyer?

Post by georgeanne »

Everyone has been that person with no feedback so we all had to start sometime. With that said, the doll world is rampant with scammers so I get why you are leary. You'll just have to ride this out and maybe make sure you have in your listing that buyers with 5 or less feedback must contact buyer first or their bid will be cancelled next time you list a doll. I am not sure if that is against ebay policy though, so when I see that in a listing I think the seller might eventually get in trouble with Ebay, but again I am just wondering about that.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Ginas_reborns

Post by Ginas_reborns »

I would certainly say trust your gut! If you are going to go through with the sale however I would make sure to take very detailed box packing photos. Take a pic every step of the way with a piece of paper with the date written on it in each pic. If you can use your phone to video the box being sealed up that's good too. Once you have the doll ready to go, send her a message with the shipping info and be sure to mention you take VERY DETAILED box packing photos should there be a problem and to notify you right away if the doll arrives in less than perfect condition. I would also insure the package. Best of luck! x
KeishaJay

Post by KeishaJay »

That was my first thought, Gina. I don't have crap for memory on my camera, but I was just going to record my box-packing with my webcam. And Georgeanne, I do have that in all my auctions now. I've canceled a dozen or so bids for that exact reason, and I've never gotten in to trouble for it before. This woman used the buy-it-now feature though, so her feedback score had nothing to do with it. Thanks for the support, ladies!
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Yes, definitely protect yourself with documentation and photos. But also remember that there really are good people in the world. Everyone who uses Ebay had a first time. She paid right away so that's a good sign. Maybe she doesn't have an account or feedback because she's never bought from Ebay, or a reborn before. Maybe she is getting a Christmas present for someone. There is no way to know. Reborners have been taken advantage of and scammed so much, but we still have to try and think the best of people.

Publish the Menu module to "offcanvas" position. Here you can publish other modules as well.
Learn More.