Photo hosting.....HELP!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Kathleens_foreverbabies

Photo hosting.....HELP!

Post by Kathleens_foreverbabies »

Hi all, I'm at a complete loss. Now that Photobucket is out to make their millions I am out of a place to host my pictures for Ebay auctions. I joined cubeuploads but when I tried to link my pictures on my auction I can't seem to make it work. I am hopelessly computer challenged :oops: Would some kind soul please help me? I'm not stuck on hosting on Cube but don't know where else to go. Thanks in advance, hugs, Kathleen
[/img]Image
MayberryBabies_DeAnna

Re: Photo hosting.....HELP!

Post by MayberryBabies_DeAnna »

I haven't checked out Cube, I signed up for a year of Image Shack for $18.99 (half price). It is pretty easy to find the image links on that one.
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

IMGUR is free and I have found it very easy to use. they have all the same links that photobucket has and they upload in a blink of an eye. I am currently in the process of moving everything over
Kathleens_foreverbabies

Thanks Ladies, I will check both of them out :grouphug:
[/img]Image
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

From what I have read if you haven't done anything with a pic after 6 months it gets deleted? In imgur that is.
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
KeishaJay

Post by KeishaJay »

I use Facebook for mine. You can post as many photos on there as you want, as far as I know, and it's all free. Photobucket was taking too long to load on my computer with all their ads, so I gave up on that site a couple years ago.
Kathleens_foreverbabies

You can use Facebook to link photos to an Ebay auction? Wow, who knew!
[/img]Image
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

How do you get an HTML code from facebook?
KeishaJay

Post by KeishaJay »

You bring up the image in the zoom-in/full-screen mode (whatever you want to call clicking on it) and right-click somewhere not on the baby's face. (Sometimes, facebook will recognize a face, and the right-click options in that box will be totally different.) There will be an option that says "copy image URL." That's the one you want. I've never had a problem posting pics from facebook on eBay auctions. Best of luck, ladies!
HannahJoy

Post by HannahJoy »

Sellersourcebook is one my mom used for years! (I am not sure if there is a membership cost.)
But, you get to choose awesome backgrounds and upload as many photos as you need!
Jen

Post by Jen »

I always use IMGUR, they give you all the links to post on bulletin boards and other places with the img url etc tags already there, as well as one click to resize your images from original size to small, med, large, and thumbnails too.
tixiepixi_linda

JPEGbay is a free hosting site for Ebay
x Hugs x
Linda

Dion

Post by Dion »

tixiepixi_linda wrote:From what I have read if you haven't done anything with a pic after 6 months it gets deleted? In imgur that is.

:D Linda, they may have deleted pics in the past after 6 months if you didn't look at them , but that is no longer the case. imgur.com has a statement on their website that says they NEVER delete any pics ever, no matter how long it has been inactive. I LOVE their website and it was so easy to to get my pics up and running.

:foryou: Hugs, Dion
tixiepixi_linda

Thanks Dion....I think I will join :foryou:
x Hugs x
Linda

anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

I switched to Imgur and it works well but when I loaded my auction template on Ebay the images went away after a day. I am unsure if the problem is my image hosting or the template? Can anyone point me to how to get a template that will not disappear?
Dion

Post by Dion »

anjsmiles Angie wrote:I switched to Imgur and it works well but when I loaded my auction template on Ebay the images went away after a day. I am unsure if the problem is my image hosting or the template? Can anyone point me to how to get a template that will not disappear?
I hope that someone knows the answer to your question, Angie. I haven't worked with templates at all, so know nothing about them. I will ask my son and if he has some useful info, I will contact you.

:foryou: Hugs, Dion
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

KeishaJay wrote:You bring up the image in the zoom-in/full-screen mode (whatever you want to call clicking on it) and right-click somewhere not on the baby's face. (Sometimes, facebook will recognize a face, and the right-click options in that box will be totally different.) There will be an option that says "copy image URL." That's the one you want. I've never had a problem posting pics from facebook on eBay auctions. Best of luck, ladies!
Thanks so much. I use my phone so. It sure I can right click. I need to get my computer out!!!

Publish the Menu module to "offcanvas" position. Here you can publish other modules as well.
Learn More.