What have I missed

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Annemarie2211

What have I missed

Post by Annemarie2211 »

It has been awhile since I have been on DollFan....a long while.
Aging, and the loss of both parents and work took priority for many years but I'm wanting to get back into the swing of things.
I am learning my way around the new (to me) format and I recognize a few names but not many. SallyUSA and Erin1958, I sent you a mesage awhile ago but don't know if either of you saw it, or are on here much.
I am wondering where everyone has gone. There are not many classified listings anymore and it seems that everything has slowed way down. Is it just a slow time of year for babies or have things changed that much in the last 7-8 years?
Help an old DF member out ☺
Anne
Dion

Re: What have I missed

Post by Dion »

:D A lot has changed, Annemarie. A lot of people had already started to leave DF for Facebook, but with the changes that came to the DF website, there was a mass exodus! It HAS come back to life significantly, but hasn't recovered completely. We still all need to pledge to post as much as we can and share our dolls of all kinds to make this website more active. It's still a great place to be and a wonderful place to find dolly friends.

I hope that everyone feels like they can share dolls of all kinds. I love to see the big vinyl kids, resins, porcelains, bjd's, reborns, vintage, antiques cloth, OOAKS, manufactured.....they are all awesome. I think that there are others that love variety, too. I would hope that we don't get to the place where only silicones are posted! That would be sad and would leave out all of those dolly collector's that collect dolls of other mediums. I'm not ready for that!

I still believe with all of my heart that Doll Fan is made up of its members, and DF is what we make it. By participating, you are helping to insure that it will always be here and will be a fun place for all of us to visit. If you're having trouble posting photos, there are many of us that would love to help you. Just ask.

Welcome back, Annmarie. :toast: I am so happy to see you here again. I hope that you will stay!

:foryou: Hugs and Blessings, Dion
Annemarie2211

Post by Annemarie2211 »

Yes! That is what I so enjoyed about DF. The variety of art, the quality of the reborn artists etc. I have two cloth bodied silicones that are wonderful... but my reborns, to me, are more detailed. There have been a few full bodied silicones that if I win the lottery I would hunt down my favorite and make an offer that couldn't be refused...lol but with adult children, some with student loans, and now a grandbaby to spoil, I would feel guilty spending that kind of money on myself. That is not to say that the artist's time, quality of the baby or anything is not worth it, it's just at this stage in my life I would rather help family than splurge on me.
I really hope that DollFan regains its momentum because this is the only site I came to to drool over everyone's beautiful babies.
Hugs,
Anne
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Dion wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:13 pm :D A lot has changed, Annemarie. A lot of people had already started to leave DF for Facebook, but with the changes that came to the DF website, there was a mass exodus! It HAS come back to life significantly, but hasn't recovered completely. We still all need to pledge to post as much as we can and share our dolls of all kinds to make this website more active. It's still a great place to be and a wonderful place to find dolly friends.

I hope that everyone feels like they can share dolls of all kinds. I love to see the big vinyl kids, resins, porcelains, bjd's, reborns, vintage, antiques cloth, OOAKS, manufactured.....they are all awesome. I think that there are others that love variety, too. I would hope that we don't get to the place where only silicones are posted! That would be sad and would leave out all of those dolly collector's that collect dolls of other mediums. I'm not ready for that!

I still believe with all of my heart that Doll Fan is made up of its members, and DF is what we make it. By participating, you are helping to insure that it will always be here and will be a fun place for all of us to visit. If you're having trouble posting photos, there are many of us that would love to help you. Just ask.

Welcome back, Annmarie. :toast: I am so happy to see you here again. I hope that you will stay!

:foryou: Hugs and Blessings, Dion
Beautifully written and I agree! It’s gonna take effort from all of us.
kd

Post by kd »

Welcome back to Doll-Fan. This is still a fun, and interesting, forum.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Deleted my original post, it was too negative and I apologize for that. Welcome back this is the only place I visit I love everyone very much.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

Welcome back to Doll-Fan, Annemarie!!!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
Desiree1115

Post by Desiree1115 »

Doll fan has definitely stood the test of time. Ove been an on off member for years and have been referencing it since 2009, maybe earlier.
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

Welcome back Anne! I do remember getting that nice long message from you a while back, and I wrote you back but I’m not sure if you got it. Dollfan is a lot different than it used to be but hopefully it’ll come back in time and people will come back. Most went to Facebook.
I am myself I am even planning to sell a lot of my dolls. I just don’t mess with them like I used to. I hope you enjoy being back here. It does take some time to learn this new format on everything. It’s still new to me and I’ve been messing with it for a while. Have fun though and just enjoy yourself. I second what Dion said too.

Hugs and Smiles,
Erin
HAVE A WONDERFUL DOLLY DAY!!
Hugs, Erin

•Darling Serenity by LLE - FOR SALE•
Annemarie2211

Post by Annemarie2211 »

Thanks for all the warm welcome backs and the responses. I am slowly trying to learn my way around again.
Erin, I never received your reply. Is there a different place in the new format to check?
MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

Welcome back! I spend most of my time on facebook because Nikki Britt dolls are there. She has always been a favorite of mine.
MonikaS

Publish the Menu module to "offcanvas" position. Here you can publish other modules as well.
Learn More.