LM Dolls on EBay

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Cristal

LM Dolls on EBay

Post by Cristal »

Many of you may already know this but I feel the need to make you aware of the quality of LM dolls on EBay lately. Since I’m re-entering the doll world I am looking at EBay to purchase back a few of the dolls I gave away for way less than I paid but in excellent condition unless noted.
LMs have been around well over 20 years now. As doll collectors these were the cream of the crop for us in the early stages. We we’re proud of them and treasured them. I’m guessing these days LM babies are play dolls for children considering the quality of dolls I have received lately.
The first one I bought this month had a weird smell and the dress had something gross on it. I tossed it out and laid her in the sun to air out.
The last purchase today was shipped in a FLAT rate shipping box. Wow. You get what you pay for on EBay. The doll appears to be okay but I’m not able to look her over at this particular moment as she’s still out in my car. Used condition for sure but I believe I can fix the visible flaws. Clothing had been bleached. Again I went cheap and that’s my fault as I wanted this particular doll and wasn’t in it for the outfit, box or COA.
I’m bidding on another that looks to be in great condition but I’m worried at this point. It appears that the sellers are not invested collectors. Only out to make some cash and don’t care about their product once you have paid. I have noticed this in Poshmark too. Where did the nice package shipping go for these people who make their money doing this for a living?
Just wanted to give a heads up that’s all.

Annette

Re: LM Dolls on EBay

Post by Annette »

I agree with you! Was scrolling through them, and some of them aren’t even completely Middletons! Their heads may be, with the numbers on them, but the limbs definitely aren’t. And some are in really poor condition too. But some still want $130 for shipping!?

For your smelly doll, try putting it in a bag with some charcoal.....not directly against the doll, but in a separate bag with it. I had a silicone that absolutely reeked of smoke, so put it on my deck in a garbage bag, with an open bag of charcoal briquettes.....it worked, but had to leave it out there for a few months!
Which one did you buy?
There was a couple I’d have liked, but the seller doesn’t ship to Canada. :(
Hugs Annette

Cristal

Post by Cristal »

The smell went away but I remember having to place them in bags with charcoal before back in the day, it crossed my mind believe me. The little love I sent a picture of on IM. He’s going to need some TLC. Many are miss marked and not true to what the seller thinks they really are. And the prices are outrageous sometimes for doll and or shipping. After this next auction I’m backing off. Very sad to see this happening. Just needed to get this off my chest.

Annette

Post by Annette »

BTW, what’s Poshmark?
Hugs Annette